Friday, May 6, 2011

Artwork Inspired by Robert Delauny

I teach occasionally in various schools in London, Ontario. One day, I was at Wilton Grove and I replaced Deb Bennett. Her students had done an amazing job on their artwork inspired by Robert Dulauny's Rhythm, Joie de Vivre. Here is a video on their work.


I told her that I could use their designs and create keepsake candles- a perfect gift for Mother's Day. The artwork was originally done on 11x17 paper. I asked her to fold the paper into an 8.5 x11 size in order to scan. After I scanned it, You should print as mirror image.  I printed it on laser waterslide paper.

I gave each printed image to each student and they had to trim it to the edge. I showed them how to do put the image on the candle but I did each one. Its a little tricky and I didn't want disappointed students.

I placed the image in lukewarm water for 30 seconds. I added glue using a glue stick on the candle and then slipped off the water slide image onto the candle. I didn't have my camera at the time so I am hoping Deb was able to take pictures of the finished product. Kids loved it and couldn't wait to give it to their mothers.

3 comments:

  1. LondonMoms sent me! Your products look amazing! Aimee Tyrrell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waterloo-moms sent me! Awesome stuff:) Kristina Balmer

    ReplyDelete
  3. London Moms sent me. I love all of your products. Shaina

    ReplyDelete